戒烟 at Burnett Medical Center
Have you ever thought about quitting smoking or vaping? Maybe you have tried but nothing seems to work? Or do your friends and family want you to quit smoking or vaping? 不管是什么原因, Burnett Medical Center offers individual counseling to both BMC patients, 以及周围的社区. 这是一项免费全球电子游戏平台大全. You do not necessarily have to be ready to quit to schedule a visit. No judgment; just help!
Our Certified Tobacco Treatment Specialist is a RN and has the training, 知识, and experience to help you succeed in quitting all forms of tobacco and nicotine (cigarettes, 雪茄, chewing tobacco, electronic cigarettes, vapes, etc.).
Here’s what you can expect from a 免费参观:
- An individualized plan for quitting
- Discussion of medications to help with the quitting process
- Ongoing support, counseling, and follow-up
If you are a former or current smoker between the ages of 55 and 74 with no personal history of lung cancer, you may qualify for a low-dose CT screening for lung cancer. Like any preventative screening, low-dose CT lung cancer screenings are meant to detect lung cancer at its earliest stage for the best possible treatment outcomes. 了解更多 在这里.
- According to a 2018 Burnett County health survey, cigarette and smokeless tobacco use among high school students had declined to about 5%, 但18.4% of high school students reported using E-cigarettes. Nicotine can harm adolescent brain development, which continues into the early to mid-20’s.
- JUUL has become one of the most widely used electronic nicotine delivery systems (ENDS), 就像一个闪存盘. This can easily be hidden in backpacks and school supplies. One JUUL pod contains the nicotine equivalent of 20 cigarettes.
- T在这里 are approximately 600 ingredients in commercial cigarettes. When burned, cigarettes create more than 7,000 chemicals. At least 69 of these chemicals are known to cause cancer, and many are toxic.
- You can significantly increase your chances of quitting successfully, 到70%左右, if medication and counseling are combined for at least three face-to-face visits. If you try quitting cold turkey (no medication or professional support) your chances of quitting successfully is 3-5%.
- For every person who dies because of smoking, at least 30 people live with a serious smoking-related illness such as: cancer, 心脏病, 中风, 糖尿病, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Most people have heard of secondhand smoke, which is passive smoke exposure. But have you heard of thirdhand smoke? Thirdhand smoke consists of the tobacco residue from cigarettes, 雪茄, and other tobacco products that is left behind after smoking and builds up on surfaces and furnishings. Residents are then exposed to this residue repeatedly over time, even after someone has quit smoking. Children and pets are especially prone to problems, since they can touch these surfaces and then place their hands/paws in their mouths.
If you are interested in scheduling an appointment, please call Burnett Medical Center at (715) 463-5353, or let your BMC clinic provider know you want to be referred to the program.